Hovermap™ by Emesent
Autonomous and Versatile LiDAR based Mapping
Hovermap is an autonomous mapping payload. Lightweight and versatile, it can be mounted to a drone for autonomous mapping in challenging and inaccessible areas.
Designed to work seamlessly with the DJI Matrice 300 RTK and the Acecore Zoe, the quick-release mechanism allows Hovermap to easily switch from a drone to walking scans, enabling the capture of critical data both in the air and on the ground.
Hovermap is capable of multiple levels of autonomy, ranging from Pilot Assist Mode to Autonomous Waypoints, enabling Hovermap to fly and map GPS-denied areas thanks to Emesent’s advanced LiDAR algorithms. This enables a host of new applications for drone based mapping such as underground mines and inspecting underneath bridges.
NEW Hovermap ST
The next evolution in Survey Grade, Autonomous, LiDAR Mapping
• NEW Lightweight, composite design for increased strength and reduced weight.
• NEW IP65 rating for protection against water, dust & humidity.
• NEW Active cooled heatsink keeps Hovermap ST cool and operational (-10° to 45°).
• NEW angled LiDAR sensor minimises blind spots for optimal data capture.
• NEW Expansion Port adds additional capability and accesorry.
Fill in the form below to get more information
Get more Information about Hovermap ST
Commercial Applications of Hovermap™
Surveying and Mapping
Choose Autonomy level
With Hovermap, the hardware is only the start, multiple options of increasing autonomy give you full control over your payloads capabilities.
Hovermap Mapping (AL0)
Collect incredible LiDAR results anywhere with a range of mounts for any mission.
• Provides SLAM-based mobile mapping
• Capture a walking scan or mount Hovermap to a drone or vehicle
• Use with our backpack, cage or vehicle mount accessories
Hovermap Autonomy (AL1)
Manually fly missions in difficult environments with smart autonomous collision avoidance.
• LiDAR-based omnidirectional collision avoidance
• Overrides pilot commands to keep the drone safe
• Enables safe line-of-sight flight indoors, underground or close to structures
• Includes all AL0 features
Hovermap Plus (AL2)
Autonomously fly missions beyond line-of-sight and communication range using a tablet, access the inaccessible.
• Enables beyond line-of-sight autonomous flight in GPS-denied environments
• Live 3D map streamed to tablet for realtime insight
• Tap-to-Fly: set smart waypoints using the live map
• Extend the operational capabilities of your existing drones
Colourisation for Hovermap™
Supercharge your point cloud data with advanced colourisation algorithms
Hovermap now gives you additional insight with the introduction of colourisation. 3D point clouds can now be augmented with true colour providing additional singing for client visualisation and analysis.
Simply attach the rugged GoPro Hero8 to Hovermap with the custom quick release mount. The Emesent’s in house algorithm precisely combines the LiDAR and colourised images to produce incredible results.
Hovermap’s point cloud and image outputs can be imported into your preferred third-party software, making the integration of Hovermap into your existing work flows simple.