The Flyability Elios is the first collision tolerant drone designed specifically for inspection and exploration of inaccessible or potentially hazardous places.
Prices available upon request. Contact us or call 0330 111 7177
Out of stock
Need help buying? 0330 111 7177
0% financing availableBusiness invoicing
The Flyability Elios is the first collision tolerant drone designed specifically for inspection and exploration of inaccessible or potentially hazardous places. A carbon fibre protective frame means you can access the tightest spaces without the risk of crashing. Discarding the need to sense and avoid obstacles, the Elios can bounce off walls and roll on them to find its way. You can fly close or even in direct contact with humans without any risks of injuries.
The Flyability Elios is equipped with a full HD camera, a thermal camera, and an onboard LED lighting system with a remotely adjustable intensity. Once you have reached the most inaccessible places, you have all the tools on board to take the best possible shot in nearly any lighting conditions.
The Flyability Elios is equipped with a cutting-edge wireless communication system that provides a live video feedback allowing the pilot to bring the drone to the most inaccessible places up to multiple hundreds of meters beyond visual line of sight.
It’s unique specifications make the Flyability Elios suitable for a host of applications including:
24 Month Warranty Included
Full Flyability Training Included
The Flyability Elios enables simultaneous full HD and thermal imagery recording making it ideal for a whole host of applications.
Unique Protective Frame
A unique carbon ﬁber structure ensures that the Flyability Elios is collision-tolerant up to 15 km/h. Discarding the need to sense and avoid obstacles, you can start inspecting and exploring – without waiting – the hardest places to reach.
Powerful LEDs allow easy navigation and inspection in even the darkest of places.
No Post Processing Required
A simple data capture platform ensures that recorded data can be accessed immediately without the need for post-processing software. To increase job efficiency, the Flyability Elios uses simple video files that can be read easily read by the tablet connected to the ground station. Flight data, thermal video and selected Points Of Interest (POI) are recorded on a dedicated SD card. By using Flyability Inspector, you can correlate flight data and POIs with both video streams.
Elios Ground Station
Elios Ground Station is composed of a remote controller, a tablet and a purpose designed ground control application providing the pilot with live telemetry data, an SD live video stream captured by Elios, and the information and controls that you need to operate it efficiently and safely.
- Types: Manual thrust, altitude hold, pro mode (high speed)
- Availability: Switch between modes at any time
- Fail-safes: Auto-landing on low-battery or signal lost
- Avionic-board: Autopilot, thermal video and system management
- Power-board: Motors control
- Type: Quadcopter configuration
- Dimensions: Fits in <400mm sphere
- Motors: 4 electric brushless motors
- Propellers: 4 propellers, 5 inches
- Take-off weight: 700 g including battery, payload & protection
- Flight time: Up to 10min
- Max. climb rate: 1.5 m/s (in normal mode)
2.5 m/s (in pro mode)
- Max. airspeed: 6.5 m/s (in normal mode) 9 m/s (in pro mode)
- Wind resistance: Max 5m/s (in pro mode)
- Flight sensors: IMU, magnetometer, barometer
- Materials: Carbon fibre composites, magnesium alloy, aeronautical grade aluminium, high-quality thermoplastics
- Operating temperature: 0 to 50°C
- Type: Digital, bidirectional, long-range video and data downlink to RC Command uplink to UAV
- Frequency: 2.4GHz
- Range: Up to 500m in direct line of sight
- Type: Ergonomic Joysticks and Payload controls Integrated video outputs
- Weight: 810g
- Operating temp.: 0°C to 40°C
- Output port: HDMI, SDI, USB
- Battery: 6000 mAh 2S
- Controls: Payload settings and aircraft control
- Type: Lithium polymer battery, 3 cells, 2800mAh, 33.08Wh
- Charging time: 1h
- Battery charge: < 1 minute
- Payload head: Damped from vibrations
- Upwards tilt: +65 degrees
- Downwards tilt: -60 degrees
- Video: FHD (1920 x 1080) at 30fps, good low light performance, recorded on board and streamed to pilot and camera operator
- Horizontal FOV: 130 degrees
- Vertical FOV: 75 degrees
- Total vertical FOV: 215 degrees (considering payload
- Control modes: Auto with EV correction, full
- Type: Uncooled FLIR camera core
- Video: 160 x 120 pixels at 9fps, recorded
- Horizontal FOV: 56 degree
- Vertical FOV: 42 degree
In the Box
- Aircraft body
- Remote controller
- Durable, transportable transport case
- 2.4 GHz digital RC and video receiver – x 1
- Samsung Android tablet – x 1
- Flyability Elios batteries – x 5
- Flyability Elios battery chargers – x 2
- iPo safe bag x 2
- Tool box with spare propellers – 1x
- Micro SD cards x 2
- Spare cage pentagons type 1 – x 5, type 2 – x 2
What cameras and payloads is the Flyability Elios compatible with?
The Flyability Elios is compatible with its own HD and thermal camera (supplied with the unit). It is not currently compatible with any third party payloads.
What data can be supplied by the Flyability Elios?
The Elios can provide both full HD video and thermal imaging simultaneously.
Can the Flyability Elios provide live data streaming even in areas of poor signal such as a mine shaft?
Yes, the Elios is equipped with a cutting-edge wireless communication system that provides a live video feedback allowing the pilot to bring the drone to the most inaccessible places up to multiple hundreds of meters beyond the line of sight.
What payment options are available for the Flyability Elios?
We accept the following payment methods:
Debit/Credit cards via Sagepay
Debit/Credit cards and Paypal transactions via PayPal
Pro forma Invoice
30 Days Invoice depending on credit check result
Flexible 0% finance.
Is the Flyability Elios IP rated?
No, however, the Elios is dust and splash resistant and can be operated in environments between 0° and 50°C,
Can the Elios fly indoors?
Yes, the Elios is specifically designed to fly indoors and in confined spaces. Its unique protective frame means it can bounce off walls with ease.
Is the Elios Atex approved?
No, the Elios is not currently Atex approved.
Hazardous Area Inspections
Ensure staff safety by using the Elios to inspect hazardous areas.
Access the tightest spaces without any risk of crashing.
See the Flyability Elios In Action
Watch the full-featured video of the Flyability Elios.
Find Out More About Flyability Elios[contact-form-7 id="1073" title="Flyability Elios Contact Form"]