Traditional Walk Survey Vs Drone
As part of his project work, Chris York, Senior Engineer of The Buckingham Group regularly organises surveys of large earthworks as well as other large sites around the UK. Traditionally, surveys were made using ‘walking surveys’, consisting of systematic observations of an area made on foot. This would be a lengthy, costly and time-consuming task, often in precarious environments.
Chris wanted to compare the accuracies of data captured by the DJI M300 RTK with Zenmuse P1 Camera, DJI Phantom 4 RTK and the Wingtra One PPK with Sony RX1 sensor to determine which was the most accurate.
Download the report below to find out what Chris’ discovered.
What you’ll find out in this drone survey accuracy report?
- • How Buckingham Group typically conducted surveys and the scale of projects?
- • Discover original status quo and why they decided to look at drone deployment?
- • What were Buckingham Group’s objectives for adding a drone solution?
- • Hardware and Software used to conduct the drone surveys
- • Results and findings including flight information, Isopach, checkpoints and ground control points for each drone
- • DJI Phantom 4 RTK
- • Wingtra (Sony RX1)
- • DJI Matrice 300 RTK with Zenmuse P1
- • Final conclusion and summary: which drone ranked best?
“This is the most comprehensive assessment of drone survey accuracies in the industry right now. Get your free report below for an honest, expert and unbiased view of drone survey solutions.”
James Pick, COPTRZ Business Development Manager – Surveying