DJI has launched DJI Terra, a new software tool that enables drone data to be transformed into digital 3D models and maps for easy analysis and decision making. DJI Terra enables businesses and organizations using DJI drone technology to capture, visualize and analyze aerial images for a wide variety of applications across the public safety, construction, infrastructure, agriculture and film industries.
DJI have described Terra as “An easy to use mapping software developed to help industry professionals transform real-world scenarios into digital assets.”
DJI Terra enables real-time mapping, so 2D orthomosaics of a selected area can be created during the flight mission. Not only does this assist with detailed flight paths in remote areas, but it’s also useful for time-sensitive missions that require quick decision-making on site.
Automatic Flight Planning and Data Capture
DJI Terra helps commercial drone pilots quickly plan automated flights with several easy-to-use options based on the area or objects they’d like to capture and the type of map or 3D model they’d like to create. It features three mission planning types:
- Area: Capture a specific area quickly and easily by drawing a custom polygonal flight zone on a map. DJI Terra automatically generates efficient flight path options based on the area selected.
- Waypoint: Create dynamic custom flight paths through an area or around objects using waypoints and adjustable parameters like aircraft altitude, speed, heading, gimbal pitch and angle. For more complex missions that require high attention to detail, the 3D Flight Visualization feature enables the design and simulation of missions on existing 3D models.
- Oblique: Capture a rich data set by automatically flying the same route multiple times. Each flight automatically adjusts the angle of the camera to capture new details, giving an extra crisp 3D model of the object or asset from multiple angles.
Real-time Mapping and Detailed 3D Models
- Real-time mapping: DJI Terra allows drone pilots to quickly generate 2D orthomosaic maps as the drone flies, ideal for time-sensitive missions where situational awareness is critical and decisions need to be made in minutes.
- Fast processing capability for efficient reconstruction: With DJI Terra, users can efficiently generate realistic representations of any environment through detailed 2D orthomosaics and 3D model reconstructions, used for industrial applications like reconstructing vehicle crashes, tracking progress on construction projects or conducting large-scale critical infrastructure inspections on bridges and roadways.
Easy Data Analysis
- 2D and 3D Measurement Tools: analyze data and generate instant insights with easy-to-use analysis tools that provide a variety of measurements including linear distance, surface area and volumetric estimations.
- Annotation: To improve team communication and reporting throughout ongoing projects, annotation labels can be edited and shared.
- Photo Inspection: Ideal for detailed site inspections and accident reconstruction situations, DJI Terra’s photo inspection tool lets users closely examine every photo used to create the model so they can pinpoint and highlight critical elements.
DJI Terra is compatible with the following Phantom 4 Series drones:
- Phantom 4 RTK
- Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
- Phantom 4 Pro + V2.0
- Phantom 4 Pro
- Phantom 4 Advanced
- Phantom 4
DJI Terra is available is purchase via COPTRZ. Please contact a member of our team on +44 (0) 330 111 7177 or email email@example.com to find out more about the DJI Terra Plans available for your business.
How do On The Man Drones work?
April 13, 2021
What is a drone licence and do I need one?
April 09, 2021
From Wedding Photographer to Drone Service Provider: UAV Studio
April 06, 2021
Top 5 Drone Mapping Software for 2021
April 01, 2021