The Matrice 300 RTK by DJI is one of the most innovative drone platforms available on the market today. From high-end features such as its incredible flight time of 55 minutes, advanced AI capabilities and more, the M300 sets a whole new standard for public safety organisations in assisting them to help save lives. There are a lot of payloads for public safety organisations available on the market, it can be difficult to know what is best for your team.
The Matrice 300 has been adopted by many emergency service teams across the UK, and due to the versatility of the Matrice 300 being able to use up to 3 payloads simultaneously, with a whopping 2.7kg payload capacity – the M300 can be adapted according to the requirements of the mission.
Watch our public safety expert Sam Denniff in this short video, as he speaks you through what makes the Matrice 300 RTK one of the best drones for public safety missions:
In this post, we’ll look at the additional payloads which the Matrice 300 can handle and how they can boost your public safety missions even further.
What is a payload?
In short, the payload is the weight a drone can carry. It is usually counted outside of the weight of the drone itself and includes anything additional to the drone – such as extra cameras, sensors, or packages for delivery.
The greater a payload your drone can carry, the more flexibility you have to pop on additional technology to adapt it to your specific needs. This could be upgrading the camera to a dual thermal and RGB imaging system, adding LiDAR technology, sticking on a GPS system, or increasing the number of sensors in order to process more data simultaneously.
DJI’s First Hybrid Sensor Payloads designed to integrate seamlessly with the Matrice 300 RTK. These multi-sensor payloads bring a whole new meaning to mission efficiency. The unique intelligence and integrated design provide unprecedented aerial imaging capabilities for a range of commercial drone applications.
- 20MP Zoom Camera
- 12MP Wide Camera
- 1200m Laser Rangefinder
- 640×512 px Radiometric Thermal Camera
- Smart tracking
- Target tracking
- Looking for hotspots/establishing life in fires
The Wingsland Z15 is a bright, 3-axis stabilized gimbal spotlight with high power beads. Powered by DJI SkyPort, it has an operating range of up to 150 m and can be easily integrated onto DJI Matrice 200 Series V1 and V2 drones, lighting the space at night or in lowlight conditions for users in firefighting, emergency response, law enforcement and beyond.
- Intelligent Protection to Stop Overheating
- Multiple Light Functions
- 48W Maximum Power LEDs
- Integrate with the M300 RTK and pair with sensors such as the H20T. Also supports the Matrice 210 and 210 RTK’s dual payload capacity – can be used alongside Zenmuse XT2, Z30 or X5S.
- Search and rescue
- Illuminating scene to treat casualties
- Suspect location
The Zenmuse P1 integrates a full-frame sensor with interchangeable fixed-focus lenses on a 3-axis stabilized gimbal. Designed for photogrammetry flight missions, it takes efficiency and accuracy to a whole new level.
- 45MP full-frame CMOS.
- Achieve 3cm horizontal accuracy and 5cm vertical accuracy with no ground control points (3cm GSD, with 75% front overlap ratio and 55% side overlap ratio).
- High efficiency: 3km² area coverage during a single flight (3cm GSD, with 75% front overlap ratio and 55% side overlap ratio).
- 3-axis stabilised gimbal with Smart Oblique Capture.
- Mechanical Global Shutter (achieved by mechanical leaf shutter) – 1/2000s shutter speed – meaning that when officers are mapping a scene, the higher shutter speed means reduced-to-no blur
- TimeSync 2.0: Synchronise flight controller, RTK, gimbal, and camera within milliseconds.
- Crime scene mapping
- Road traffic accident mapping
- Mapping hazardous terrainDJI Zenmuse L1
The Zenmuse L1 is DJI’s first foray into LiDAR payload market, boasting an impressive feature set and effortless integration with the Matrice 300. The payload is also built to last, with an IP44 Ingress Protection Level that protects it against water and inclement weather.
- Weather Resistant: IP54 rating – Operators can collect data in foggy and rainy conditions
- All-in-one Solution: Integrates a Lidar module, an RGB camera, and a high-accuracy IMU.
- Real-time Point Cloud View: Displays and measures point clouds in real time.
- High Accuracy: Vertical – 5cm; Horizontal – 10cm (with 50m flight height).
- DJI Ecosystem: Use DJI Terra for post-processing data.
- High Density Point Cloud: 240,000 effective points
- Multiple Returns: Support three returns
- Measurement Range: 450m max.
- Search and rescue
- Disaster/crisis evaluation
- Vegetation penetration – Due to its 3 return capability, the L1 can penetrate vegetation and gather point cloud data of ground features.
- Can also be used to analyse the elevation of the ground
- View point cloud models in real time to update teams and increase situational awareness – providing critical information for on-site decision making
As you can see, public safety organisations are truly are spoilt for choice when it comes to external payloads for the Matrice 300 RTK. All the platforms are of incredibly high quality and are all compatible with the Matrice 300, and are highly recommended by our public safety expert Sam Denniff.
For more information on any of the payloads mentioned above or on the Matrice 300 RTK, get in contact with Sam below.
Coptrz Commercial Drone Exhibition 2022: Line-up Announced
September 15, 2022
9 reasons the DJI Matrice 300 RTK is still great in 2022
August 19, 2022
5 Tips for Hiring a Drone Service Provider
July 27, 2022
Drone Laws: Explained
July 26, 2022