The oil and gas industry, with its vast infrastructure and critical operations, demands precision, efficiency, and safety in every aspect. At the heart of this intricate network lies the challenge of asset management. From pipelines and filtration systems to compressors and export infrastructure, the sheer volume and complexity of equipment can be overwhelming. Recognising this challenge, Coptrz, in collaboration with Emesent, proudly introduces the Hovermap mobile scanning technology. This state-of-the-art solution is set to redefine how the industry approaches asset monitoring and management.
Why Emesent Hovermap is a Game-Changer for the Oil & Gas Sector
- Swift LiDAR Scanning: Gone are the days of prolonged and tedious inspections. Hovermap facilitates rapid LiDAR scanning of entire facilities, ensuring no equipment goes unchecked.
- Safety First: With reduced need for onsite personnel, the risk associated with field operations, especially in hazardous zones, is significantly lowered.
- Precision and Accuracy: The technology delivers superior 3D point cloud data, ensuring that the 3D models created are accurate representations of the actual infrastructure.
- Operational Efficiency: By preventing potential production hold-ups, Hovermap ensures that operations run smoothly, minimising costly downtimes.
In an industry where innovation drives growth, professionals are always on the lookout for tools and technologies that can streamline processes, optimise costs, and ensure the safety of their workforce. Traditional methods, especially terrestrial scanning, often fall short of these expectations. They can be time-consuming, labour-intensive, and in some cases, fraught with risks.
The Multifaceted Mobile Scanning Solution:
Emesent's Hovermap is not just another scanning tool. Its versatility is its strength. Whether you're looking to map a remote drilling site, a bustling refinery, or an offshore rig, Hovermap is up to the task. It can be mounted on drones for aerial scans, vehicles for ground-level mapping, or even used as a handheld device for close-up inspections. Its user-friendly design ensures that transitioning between different setups is a breeze, making it a favourite among field operators.
The Hovermap solution effortlessly pairs with compatible drones, offering established autonomy features that enable the drone to conduct missions beyond visual and communication range, all while dodging obstacles. Additionally, Hovermap can be attached to a drone for pilot-guided flights and mapping. Currently, Emesent Hovermap is compatible with DJI Matrice 300 RTK, DJI Matrice 350 RTK & the AceCore Zoe.
Cost Efficiency and Future-Ready Planning
One of the standout features of the Hovermap technology is its ability to facilitate detailed point cloud captures. This means even the most hard-to-reach areas of a facility can be inspected frequently and thoroughly. The data collected serves as a foundation for creating 3D digital twins. These digital replicas are invaluable for maintenance, operations, and planning future expansions. By having a virtual representation of the facility, companies can simulate various scenarios, from equipment upgrades to full-scale expansions, ensuring that every decision is data-driven and optimised for efficiency.
Safety – A Non-Negotiable Priority
Inspecting equipment in hard-to-reach areas exposes workers and the equipment to risks. This often means scaling tall structures with potential hazards like slipperiness or instability. Additionally, the presence of fumes or combustibles in oil and gas facilities amplifies the danger in certain zones.
The industry is shifting towards remote data collection to reduce manual interventions, but drones often face challenges such as GPS disruptions. However, Hovermap's GPS-denied flight capabilities ensures safe and detailed equipment data collection, streamlining maintenance planning. When paired with a compatible drone, Hovermap's Pilot Asset feature allows operators to maintain a safe distance, capturing detailed information more efficiently than traditional methods like TLS.
Diverse Applications – A Testament to Versatility
Hovermap's applications in the oil and gas sector are diverse. From routine inspections and damage assessments to hazard evaluations and strategic planning, its capabilities are vast. Whether it's inspecting intricate machinery components, assessing structural integrity post an incident, or creating detailed digital twins for training and simulation, Hovermap is the tool of choice for industry leaders.
Hovermap's adaptability makes it an invaluable tool for the oil and gas industry, aiming to enhance efficiency and cut costs. Key applications include:
Inspection & Maintenance:
- Surveying machinery interiors or high-risk structures.
- Collecting and cross-checking as-built documentation.
- Pinpointing repair needs within facilities.
- Examining damages or fissures in large infrastructures.
- Analysing structural damages post-incident that might pose chemical or fire hazards.
- Measuring spaces or terrains for developmental insights.
- Developing digital twins for training modules.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of asset conditions ensures safety, boosts operational efficiency, and reduces expenses.
In an industry as dynamic and critical as oil and gas, having the right tools can make all the difference. Hovermap, with its advanced features and user-centric design, is poised to be a game-changer. At Coptrz, we are proud to partner with Emesent and bring this revolutionary technology to the forefront. For those keen on driving operational efficiency, ensuring safety, and optimising costs, Hovermap is the future. Request a demo with our team at Coptrz and embark on a journey of transformation.